Sunday, December 20, 2009

3rd Time's The Charm!

Here we are...5 days before Christmas, what better to do then put up our THIRD tree of December 2009! If you read the previous blog entry regarding putting up our 2nd tree, I was really fond of that beautiful tree. Never wanted to see it to come to this.

The whole family has been fighting sinus infections for a long time now. The three kids are on their second round of stronger antibiotics to help kick and clear their sinuses. They each will be on the medicine for 20+ days. Brian and I have been having a sinus cold for a couple weeks now as well. Just this weekend it dawned on us, could we all be allergic to the real tree?!!! Everyone has some seasonal allergies so being allergic to the tree would not surprise us. Brian and I even talked about "toughing" it out till Christmas and keeping up the real tree (that is how much I LOVED my real tree!) But with all the kids coughing and blowing their noses (us too) we decided that we would take down our real tree and put up our artificial tree. Insert heavy sigh.

Tyler, Haley, and Jacob giving me one last smile in front of the tree.

Haley, please look this way!

No, no, please don't fall backwards! I need ONE good picture!

Taking the ornaments off the tree, again.

Tyler is barking orders to captain Haley to open the door!

Jacob was helping till he remarked, "Dad my eyes are itching." Hmmmm. Mystery solved?

Enter...3rd Christmas tree of 2009.

The boys did a great job of putting it together.


Working like a team of experts, which we all are by now, we re-dressed the tree. Haley painfully says "cheese" for me every time I ask :)

Hopefully we have learned something this year...no more real trees. I'll let you know in a couple of days! I also hope that my kids don't expect this every year, having 3 Christmas trees was pretty cool!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Nana of the North said...

Erin,

We are planning on taking our tree down the week after Christmas. Can your expert "take-down" crew fit us into your busy schedule?

M&D