Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day at the Zoo!

Happy St. Patrick's Day and what a B-E-A-Utiful day it was!!!
I took Haley and my niece, Izzy, to the zoo this morning for some girl time.

Izzy spied a bunch of peacocks and could hardly contain herself. She showed Haley just where to look.

Izzy poses just right for pictures.

Haley on the other hand, has older brothers who taught her this smile. Thanks boys.

Yep, there it is again. I had lots of good laughs at me today by passing by moms as I begged for the perfect picture from these two.

Haley really wanted to see the cows. This is a progression of what happened when Izzy saw the cows.
Izzy: "Oh, this is kinda interesting. They sure are big."

Izzy: "Oh no, Oh no! Make this nightmare stop! Why are they still looking at me!"
Haley: "Mommy, mommy! Did you see all the cows!!!"

Izzy: "Auntie Erin, why are you still taking my picture....PICK ME UP!!"
(Notice the mom in the background thinking that I am the worst mom alive.)

Haley just loved the cows. I think she will be really excited to see the cows back in Nebraska on our next visit.

This seems to be the smile of the day.

3 comments:

Nana of the North said...

Gotta love those cows!!! What a range of emotions. What a day at the zoo:)

NE GrMa said...

What a fun, outdoor way to celebrate St. Patricks Day. Outside, in the sun, no coats - - it's Spring!!

Cole Twins said...

Beautiful day to be at the Zoo!!
I am so jealous!