Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Nana Stacker

Well, sorry to say, but I am back to blogging. My humorous hubby did a wonderful job keeping up with the pictures while I was away. :) Haley and I just returned from a long weekend in Florida visiting Grandma Stacker or "Nana Stacker" is what Haley decided was her name (too cute!) My mom was also visiting but arrived a couple days before Haley and I blew in to shake things up in the retirement community!

The gangs all here, four generations of girls! I know that I will treasure this special photo. Haley really made herself well-known by sprinting up and down the halls, saying "Morning" to anyone who would listen, and racing into the elevators to push the buttons.

She drew lots of attention everywhere we went! Everyone would stop by to see the princess and talk with her. She found it interesting that there were lots of "Nana's" and "Bumpa's" all over the place!

Haley really took to Nana Stacker! She wasn't shy about giving hugs and kisses!

Everywhere we went Haley took her new pink purse with her. Stuffed with only things that she knows about, she shared them with Nana Stacker. Grandma Stacker just laughed every time we tried to take a picture...Haley ALWAYS says "Cheeeeessseee!" Then gives the camera the "scrunchy" face

On one cooler (89degrees) evening, Nana Stacker joined Haley and I at the pool. I snapped this great picture of my mother with her mother. Pretty neat, isn't it.

Haley showed off her swimming skills.

Her jumping in skills. (I call this "no fear")

Then her great snuggling skills. :)

One afternoon G. Gail, Haley, and I headed out to the beach to chase some birds.

We looked at the copper colored water and washed off sea shells.

We spent lots of time at Nana Stacker's house and just relaxed....with a 2 year old.

We did have to say good-bye yesterday but we have lots of great, wonderful, and long-lasting memories of our vacation.

3 comments:

Nana of the North said...

Erin- What a beautiful job you have done documenting our special weekend!
It made me both smile and cry. I'll treasure this forever......

NE GrMa said...

What a perfect time you had on your "girls only" vacation. Wonderful memories of a very special time.

Lost A Sock said...

There is something so great about mother daughter time, isn't there? Even with my baby girl so little still, I love taking her places when it's just the two of us.

Glad you had a great trip!