Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Surgery Survival

It seems like forever since I last blogged. Well, as many of you know, I had my gall bladder surgery last Thursday. I am still recovering and still having pain, but I have a wonderful mom and dad who have given up their own lives last week and this week to help take care of us. I also have a wonderful group of woman from our church who have most generously taken their time to make our family meals. What a great relief this has been for me to not worry about the details. Since I have been upstairs, asleep and unconscious for the past few days, here are some of the pictures I found on the camera.....

The boys decorated "Get Well Soon" chocolate chip cookie cakes for me! I still haven't had any to eat, but they sure do love them!

Haley and her chairs seem to have bonded together over the past few days.

Also, her clothing became optional as the week went on. Daddy did his best! :)

Seriously daddy, I just want to read a book to my baby, in my chair, with only a onesie on. Got a problem with it?

Apparently the baby stroller was a big hit too!

My mom read books with all three kids one night. All my kids just love, love, love having books read to them.

Daddy gives out powdered sugar donuts anytime he wants! Daddy your the coolest!

So, you must have been wondering what the boys were doing this whole time? Well, Brian rented them some new Wii games and this is what happened Brian is thanking Mario Kart for all the quiet time it bought him!

3 comments:

Lost A Sock said...

I hope you're getting better, now! (My husband has definitely gone the non-kid dressing, donut route, though I don't think he's ever thought to rent Wii games for peace, haha. Good call!)

WeinmasterFive said...

Hope you are feeling much better soon! Love the outfits! :) Seriously, what an awesome Dad to take over and help out. Wish we were there to take the kids for awhile!

NE GrMa said...

Erin,

How much I love your blogs!!! Even in your painful recovery, your sense of humor and gift for writing just shines right through. Hope you are feeling better with each day. Kudos to Dad - - way to go Mr. Mom!!